Updated: August 3, 2022
USE OF SMS TEXTING
We use SMS texting to verify identity. By providing your phone number, you consent to receive text messages from us for the purpose of providing a one-time password. Messaging and data rates apply. To opt out of future messages, reply "STOP" to any text message from Storyboard.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you access various content or features of the Website or submit content, or directly contact us:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, and telephone number;
- Job applications, including resumes, cover letters and references;
- Search queries; and
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us.
Please note that any information taken from you in person may be subject to additional disclosures and/or confidentiality requirements set forth in materials given to you at the time of data collection.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Website, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers (e.g., IDFA, Android/Google Advertising ID, IMEI);
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your device characteristics;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Sites;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Sites, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your device location and/or other geolocation information, including the zip code, state, or country from which you accessed the Sites;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information.
RESPONSE TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. However, because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. You can learn more about Do Not Track here.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect through the Website or in person for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Operate and improve our Website, products, information, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Website, products, and services;
- Process employment applications;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products, information, and services you request;
- Meet our audit, compliance, and regulatory obligations;
- Send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and news about products, information and services offered by Storyboard and our selected partners;
- Link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Comply with a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We do not share user-generated content (e.g., podcasts) with third parties or resell user data in any way. We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Corporate Parents and Affiliates. As applicable, we may share your information with affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Website, manage databases, process data, perform analyses or send communications for us).
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect the Website. We may disclose your information to third parties in order to: protect the legal rights, safety and security of Storyboard, affiliates and the users of our Website; prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); and comply with or respond to law enforcement or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
- In Connection with a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties with Your Express or Implied Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
- In addition, we may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to collect information through the Website. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics. Please note that you may need to take additional steps beyond changing your browser settings to refuse or disable some of these technologies. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Website may no longer be available to you. You understand that when you use the Website, these analytics providers may collect information related to your use of the Website.
We maintain a variety of security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide through the Website. However, no data transmission over the Internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
If you receive emails or other communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us directly at our contact information below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about our ongoing business relations. You may also request changes or updates to your personal information by sending a request at our contact information below.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of or located within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain additional data protection rights. These rights include:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us: (i) at the contact information below; (ii) via our website – https://trystoryboard.com; or (iii) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Storyboard relied on your consent to process your personal information.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER GDPR
Storyboard may collect or process your personal information because:
- We need to perform a transaction or contract with you or provide a service;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights; or
- To comply with the law.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Storyboard will also retain personal information and usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Site or from the Site infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit). Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Disclosure for Law Enforcement – under certain circumstances, Storyboard may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Storyboard may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Storyboard;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; and/or
- To protect against legal liability.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR:
If applicable, you may exercise any of rights under GDPR by submitting a verifiable data subject request to us by emailing us at email@example.com. You may make a request related to your personal information or on behalf of someone for which you have authorization. You must include your full name, email address, and attest to the fact that you are a citizen or resident of the EEA by including your country of citizenship or residence in your request. We may require you to confirm your identity and/or legal standing for the request as well as your residency in the EEA in order to obtain the information. We will respond to your request within 30 days or let you know if we need additional time.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests, and we may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority; however, we hope that we can assist with any queries or concerns you may have about our use of your personal information first by contacting us at email@example.com.
For more information about GDPR, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
As described above, Storyboard collects certain types of personal information about you during your relationship with Storyboard. Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you have the right to request certain information that we collect about you, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected from you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- The business purpose we have for collecting or selling that personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share such personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
In addition, if we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, you may request that we provide you with:
- The categories of personal information that we sold about you, and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the information was sold; or if we have not sold consumers’ personal information; and
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the information was disclosed; or if we have not disclosed consumers’ personal information for a business purpose.
As a California resident, you also have the right, at any time, to tell us not to sell personal information – this is called the “right to opt-out” of the sale of personal information. You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Please note that if we collected information about you for a single one-time transaction and do not keep that information in the ordinary course of business, that information will not be retained for purposes of a request under this section. In addition, if we have de-identified or anonymized data about you, we are not required to re-identify or otherwise link your identity to that data if it is not otherwise maintained that way in our records.
To exercise the access, data portability, Do Not Sell, and deletion rights described in this section, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by calling or emailing us with your request at the contact information below. Only you may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You must include your full name, email address, and attest to the fact that you are a California resident by including a California postal address in your request. We may require you to confirm your identity and/or legal standing for the request as well as your residency in California in order to obtain the information, and you are only entitled to make this request twice a year. We will respond to your request within 45 days or let you know if we need additional time.
Toll-Free Number for California Privacy Requests: (800) 476-4450
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may be unable to respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
Storyboard may work with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Website. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Website with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Website. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Website and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Website or about your use of our Website, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
Storyboard Technology Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
608 Lincoln Blvd., Unit C
Santa Monica, CA 90402